Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feet

Did you know...Your feet are bigger in the afternoon than they are during the rest of they day.

In my case, however, the size is never constant. To demonstrate, I was shoe shopping the other day and found a pair of shoes I loved at half price. What could be better then that, I ask you? Unfortunately, they only had the shoe in size 10 and size 8 1/2 whereas I generally wear a 9 or 9 1/2. I decided to try them on with the hope that they would magically work. What happened is nothing short of a phenomenon. My left foot has always been slightly bigger than my right but it is not often a huge issue. This particular instance, however, the size 10 shoe fit my left foot just fine (ok, it was a bit big) and the 8 1/2 fit my right foot! It was bizarre. Of course the salesman was not cool with me buying one of each but they did offer me a discount to buy both pairs. In the end, the discount would have given two pairs of shoes for $4 less then the original price of the shoe. Not too bad for two pairs. Too bad it only equated to one pair for me so I had to pass. Tragic indeed! :)

Another fun, useless fact: A Valentine's Day party in Victorian times would find young ladies writing their name on slips of paper. The young men would draw a slip and pin it to their sleeve, which is there the expression "Wearing your heart on your sleeve" comes from.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

So how are those shoes working out for you? Have you found someone to fit the "other pair?"