Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Things About Me

This is going around Facebook but I thought I'd add it here. 25 Random things about me:

1. I have been bit by a dolphin.

2. I jumped off a ski lift while on a date. One of my MANY blonde and embarrassing moments.

3. I have never been stung by a bee.

4. I have been to the last remaining wonder of the original seven (the Pyramids) and have visited three of the seven new world wonders (Chichén Itzá, Colosseum, Petra).

5. I absolutely LOVE the moment when you climb into a newly made bed at the end of a long day and can finally snuggle up under the comforter and relax. On the topic of beds...mine is so tall that I have to jump into bed each night.

6. I have not very flexible- I can’t touch my toes which made dancing (something I LOVE) difficult. That's one reason I social (country, latin) dance now -requires no flexibility.

7. I always loved travel and geography so when I was younger I wanted to be an archeologist.

8. I’m a sun goddess. I live for sun on my face and do my best writing while sitting outside under the rays. I love a good sunset and will often call or texts friends and family members when there is a particularly good one to make sure they don't miss out.

9. During college I never worked, went to school or lived in one place for more than a year. I’ve always been very restless. I have been to ten different schools from elementary to college (party because we moved once and they kept building new schools every where I went).

10. I keep trying to move out of Utah but can’t seem to leave.

11. I’ve only dyed my hair once and it turned bright orange.

12. Ever since I had my wisdom teeth pulled, you can touch a certain spot on my chin and can feel it shoot through a nerve up to my upper cheek by my eye.

13. I have hitchhiked.

14. I have a weird thing about death. Often, mostly while driving, I will think about what would happen if I were to die at that moment. Then I think about how many people would come to my funeral or how messy my room is for people to have to go through all my stuff. Kind of morbid, I know.

15.I attended a prayer vigil in D.C. for 9/11 and a press conference at the Reagan National Airport shortly thereafter to discussed increased security measures they would have to put in place before its reopening.

16. I passed out at the SLC Olympics and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia.

17. My favorite ice cream is vanilla with brownie and caramel. Occasionally I throw in raspberries.

18. I start reading books but I rarely finish them. I was a book worm when I was younger. My favorites were the Babysitters Club and Mary Higgins Clark.

19. I have cared deeply but never been in love.

20. I am not a fabulous writer and don’t really love to do it, but it is my career and I am about to go back to school to get a Master's in writing.

21. Even though I don't love to write, writing a novel is on my bucket list. I woke up from a nap one day while I was home sick in 2004 and all of a sudden decided I wanted to write a book. It has stuck with me ever since.

22. I love the ocean. It replenishes my soul. I go through withdrawals if I don’t get to the ocean every few months. I really want to learn to surf.

23. I threw up while eating squash while I was little and am only now beginning to be able to tolerate it. I can’t eat pickles, and even hate the smell, because the acid stung my cut finger when I was little.

24. I don't drink soda unless there is absolutely nothing else to drink. I hate carbonation.

25. Other things on my bucket list include riding in a hot air balloon, doing a dive-aboard in the Great Barrier Reef, taking a photograph that is worthy of blowing up and framing in my house, painting a picture I can also hang in my house (even if its only good enough for a bathroom), attending an ethnic wedding.

1 comment:

Bryan Tanner said...

Fascinating KT! I can see that you really put some thought into this. I takes me forever just to come up with two truths and a lie.

The most interesting was number 20. Sounds a little resentful. :)